This book explains, in plain English...
HOW you can profit
For over two hundred years, pessimists have been telling us things were going to get worse; and they've been wrong every time. In fact, since the Industrial Revolution began in 1771, a series of technology revolutions have raised per capita GDP over 3200%. And, just when few people expect it, the pieces are falling into place that will more than double GDP in the next two decades.
And this book is the most concise way to get answers to the make-or-break questions you'll face starting in 2013; for example:
- How can we be so sure the pessimists are wrong this time?
- What are the twelve transformational technologies that will dominate this boom?
- Why are the big crises of the past — like food shortages, energy shortages, and the population explosion-obsolete?
- What will this technology revolution mean for jobs in a world that now suffers a 50% “underemployment rate”?
- What surprises does the next decade hold for commodities like gold, oil, food, and industrial metals?
- Why will the United States undergo a near-term manufacturing renaissance and what are the implications?
- How can I reliably stay current on these rapidly changing trends?
- How do I integrate my understanding into better decision making?
— Mike Scott, WIND Radio, Chicago
In the process, it addresses important questions:
- How will the evolving technological revolution translate into a global economic revolution?
- What happens when silicon microchips reach the quantum mechanical limits of Moore’s Law? Where will information technology go from there? Which companies and countries will benefit and which will suffer?
- What opportunities and threats will you face as over a trillion networked computers worldwide, are embedded in everything, everywhere? How will the deployment of this technology impact you career, your investments and your life?
- How smart will artificial intelligence become in the next decade and beyond? What are the implications for jobs, investments, and lifestyles?
- How will so-called “service robots” change our lives? What will happen when we have robotic automobiles, houses, aircraft, soldiers and appliances? Which consumer segments and nations will adopt them first? What are their economic implications?
- What are quantum computers? Why are they becoming feasible? And, how will they solve today's impossible problems?
- What is bioinformatics? Why is it poised to utterly transform the economics of health care? What are the investment and lifestyle implications of this advanced technology?
- What is Bio-Reengineering? Why is it the cost-effective solution to world hunger, water shortages and raw materials scarcity? Why will every human being benefit from this multi-trillion dollar game-changer?
- What is personalized medicine? Why is it the key to bending the healthcare cost curve? And, what are the implications as it goes mainstream?
- What is synthetic life? How will being able to build synthetic life forms impact our economy and our lives? What are the risks and rewards?
- What happens when we begin to understand how the brain works? What are the implications of cost-effective brain-machine interfaces? And how will “neuro-marketing” impact business and society?
- What are Nano-Materials, Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems, and Digital Fabrication? How will these technologies eliminate shortages, create jobs, and clean up the environment?
- How is the convergence of infotech, biotech, and nanotech making North America a major energy exporter? And, how will new energy technologies trigger an American manufacturing renaissance?